Keeping cool this summer couldn’t be any simpler than this Tropical Lemon-Lime Soda Punch. With coconut water cubes and pineapple juice, this drink is not only refreshing but will keep you hydrated!
*this post contains affiliate links, read my disclosure here.*
This summer has been crazy hot! Record-breaking temperatures everywhere; insane, right?! When I’m trying to keep myself hydrated, sometimes I drink so much water I feel waterlogged. That’s never a good feeling. But I also hate adding those powder water additives because they have only who-knows-what in them to keep them sweet.
However, I don’t want to drink solely just juice either. You see my dilemma, right?! Well, this punch I have for you solves all my woes and it’s freakin’ delicious! I had a fun time making it live on Facebook a while back and it was a hit! Here’s the link for you to check it out!
Now I love having a nice, ice-cold drink but I don’t like just leaving my drink to sit with ice because then it gets all watered down as the ice melts and a watery soda is nobody’s favorite. But I’m still too much of a princess to give up my ice. So my genius solution for not having to chug down my drink (though with this one, you just might) is using coconut water ice cubes! Simply brilliant. I love using the coconut water that has the pulp in it just for looks but you can use just straight up coconut water if you would like.
Coconut water is great because it has a ton of electrolytes, which helps if you are sweating a ton. Plus it adds a great sweetness without much flavor! I add it to my smoothies all the time, instead of just plain water. Gross.
What really makes this drink for me, though, is the lemon-lime soda. I’m partial to a particular green and yellow can but you can use whichever one you would like! Heck, even Squirt would be pretty awesome in this! I add just enough lemon-lime soda to give this drink a little fizz. It’s absolutely perfect.
Give this punch a try and let me know what you think! I’m starting up my drinks category and have any ideas for fun punches or mocktails, just leave a comment down below and I’ll get to experimenting!
- 5 each basil leaves
- 5 each mint leaves
- ½ each lime, quartered
- 12 ounces coconut water, frozen overnight in ice cube trays
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 10 ounces lemon-lime soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- In a small bowl, combine water and sugar until dissolved. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and add rum extract. Set to side and allow to cool.
- Break up herb leaves and distribute into two glasses. Squeeze lime juice into glasses as well.
- Take frozen coconut water out of ice cube trays and place into 2 tall glasses. Shake pineapple juice and pout 6 ounces into each glass. Pout about 5 ounces into each glass and top off with rum simple syrup.
- Garnish with pineapple slice and lime
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size ounces
Amount Per ServingCalories 279Sodium 198mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 2gSugar 60gProtein 2g